I'm taking an opportunity here to introduce you to The Bloggers Guide to Rocking The Amazon Affiliate Program, a new learning resource created by my friend Jessica Larrew of The Selling Family.
I've introduced you to Jessica here on the site before, with a focus on her expertise as an Amazon FBA expert.
Good news for all of us, she's stretching out into teaching more than FBA these days. Her wild success in selling information products & memberships makes her a great resource and I look forward to more of her teachings to come.
SO, let's take a look at The Bloggers Guide to Rocking The Amazon Affiliate Program, shall we?
I've been an Amazon Associate since my earliest years online.
Back in the early 2000's, we'd set up small websites to promote Amazon links. With simple search engine optimization and a bit of promotion, we'd get traffic and start making sales. Those days didn't last forever though. Search engines came to disrespect these ‘thin affiliate sites' and it became hard to rank for our phrases.
Websites that provide content of value and a pleasant user experience survived over time and still work today. Bloggers (and Podcasters and Video creators) especially stand to do well with Amazon Associates – since they focus on creating great content and being in relationships with their readers. They have ample opportunity to make natural, relevant recommendations – focused on being of service.
Jessica's Guide comes in at about 60 pages. It can be read in an afternoon, studied well in a few days – implemented right away.
The Guide Includes Sections On:
- Introduction to Affiliate Marketing – Super helpful for affiliate commission greenhorns!
- Overview of the Amazon Associates program, with an explanation of their commission structures (which changed completely recently!)
- Ways you can earn besides straight sales commissions.
- Why Jessica believes the program is suitable for every marketer.
- What you need to be able to leverage the program.
- Ideas for capitalizing on the holidays.
- Tactics successful Amazon Associates use to boost profits.
- Tips for promoting the content you create around your Amazon links.
- Important Affiliate Disclaimers & Social etiquette for sharing Affiliate links.
That last bit reminds me, this is a good time to mention I am using an affiliate link to recommend Jessica's Guide ;) Yay me!
I earn with Amazon Associates every month, but the amount if I were to report it would be blush worthy. I have done well with it in the distant past and have had fun with it with some side projects like the coloring page business I ran for awhile. These days my earnings cover only a few little items from my gift list now and then.
After reading Jessica's Guide, I'm going to implement a couple of the ideas she highlights, aiming at some of the higher earning products they sell. I'll let you know how it goes and you do the same, ok? Thanks!