Continuing my ‘Say Something' theme with another common Trickster thought that keeps a lot of creators like me quiet:
“There's too much noise out there already”
For those operating in busy markets, how often is it suggested that your niche is saturated or over-crowded? Personally, I'm not a fan of that conversation. Too often when it's brought it, it's used as an excuse for not trying to stand out or as a catch all reason for failure.
There IS a lot of noise out there on the internet, no matter your niche, people are exposed to a crazy amount of information. This isn't a reason to hold back though, it's a reason to speak up!
Standing out from all the noise is about taking a stand and going deeper.
If you write something and feel like you're contributing to the noise online, give it a critical eye and ask if that's true.
- Am I speaking to something that actually matters? That's not noise.
- Am I providing personal perspective with a story of my own experience? That's not noise.
- Am I giving enough context to the story that people can feel connected? That's not noise.
- Have I provided an actionable takeaway? That's not noise.
- Have you trimmed away all of the fluff to focus on juicy meat instead of word count? (Hoorah!)
To dig deeper into creating content that rises above the noise, take a stand with my Banner Message training.